March – what we have and what we hope for……
FNQG Meeting, March 10, 2018
Our emotions affect many things in our life. How we perceive events and things we see. The reverse is true also, the things we see and what happens in our lives bring on emotional responses. The amount of snow we received at retreat this past weekend evoked several emotions…. the beauty o nature freshly covered in a quilt of snow, thankfulness that we were warm and had electricity to keep sewing, trepidation about whether we’d be able to leave retreat to go home on Sunday. Did you know that colour can and does affect your emotions? Advertising and marketing experts use these principles all the time. Come on Saturday to learn from Ana about Colour as Emotions and see if you can find ways to use or create emotions in the colours of your quilts.
- Colour of Emotions Workshop (bring your magazines, scissors, and glue sticks)
- Show and Tell (those who attended the Spring Quilt Retreat be sure to bring your fabulous protects you worked on there, those that didn’t go to Retreat show us what you’ve been working on at home)
- Sew in the afternoon
Set-up and Clean-up crew form March: Pat S, Patsy FD, Ellie dN, and Pauline S. Please remember milk/cream for tea & coffee.
Workshop begins precisely at 9:30.
Our goal this year is to have everyone enter! All techniques that you will need to complete the challenge will be taught by April.
Here are the parameters:
- 36” square
- Applying one of the colour schemes taught during the year
- To show what you have learned about colour
- Must be quilted by you
- Design can be anything
- You will be required to explain how you used the colour wheel at the June
Is proud to present
“Quilted Portrait from a Photo-People or Pets”
April 22-10:30-am-5:00 pm
April 23 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Trunk show-April 24, at regular Guild meeting
(see poster for more details)Terry Aske Poster class April2018