Christmas Exchange: Candle Mats
What are They?
A candle mat is a MINI QUILT that is a used as a mat (placemat) for your candle – like a fancy coaster.
For this exchange you will be finding a CANDLE (fun, plain, pretty, funny, cute) and creating a MAT that will compliment it.
Maybe you will use the same motif/shapes/pictures, color, theme to create your MAT.
- Must be made of GOOD QUALITY COTTON Material
- Wool Felt, wool or cotton
- If using COTTON – Needs to be layered like any other quilt – Top, Batting, Backing and Bound Neatly
- If using wool or wool felt – you do not necessarily need to use batting to complete it
- These can be pieced, appliqued, embroidered, embellished – just ensure a Candle can rest FLATLY on the MAT
- They can be round or square
- Circular mats must be a diameter of 8”-12”
- Square mats must be 8″x8″
On Exchange Day
- You will be gifting your Candle and matching mat to some lucky person.
Here are some examples of Candle Mats